HEAVY RIGID (HR) TRUCK LICENCE
Obtaining your HR Licence in Perth from WestAus Truck Driver Training enables you to drive any rigid vehicle with 3 or more axles, including trucks and buses, greater than 8 tonnes your HR Truck Drivers Licence opens many career opportunities in various business sectors such as Mining, Earthmoving, logistics.
Heavy Rigid Truck Driver’s License
HR Truck Driver Training Perth
Achieving your Heavy Rigid (HR) truck licence has never been easier, thanks to the team at WestAus Driving Training. We specialise in HR unrestricted and our experienced trainers have helped many truck drivers obtain their HR truck licence in Perth and Western Australia.
An HR licence, also known as a Heavy Rigid licence, is one of the most popular heavy vehicle training courses that Australians are going for and allows you to drive:
- Trucks and buses with a GVM of more than 8 tonnes, and 3 or more axles.
- Any towed trailer that does not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.
- Bendy buses. Even though these vehicles are articulated, they’re treated as rigid vehicles.
To proceed with training, you must have held a Class C, LR or MR licence (not as a learner) for a minimum of at least two years.
You must also:
- Complete an application form.
- Provide 3 forms of identity (for example: WA driver’s licence and/or learner’s permit, passport, Medicare, high risk).
- Pass an eyesight test. The DoT requires all heavy vehicle drivers to pass an eyesight test before commencing any training.
- Complete the required training and assessment.
- Go to the DoT licensing office to upgrade to this licence class.
This gear box requires the clutch to be used twice to change up or down gears. This is an open class licence that allows you to drive any type of HR vehicles (double clutch).
This gearbox is similar to a car gear box with single clutch use to change a gear. This a restricted licence that allows you to drive vehicles with synchromesh gearboxes or automatic gearboxes only (single clutch).
This gearbox is a restricted licence that allows you to drive vehicles with automatic gearboxes only.